Now that you’ve enabled monetization (and hopefully enabled all formats to maximize revenue!), ads can run on your videos. Keep in mind:
- Identity Digital connects your channel to paying advertisers so you can focus on what you do best: creating. In most cases, you get paid when viewers watch ads. We're constantly improving our ad systems so they work better for viewers and pay out to more creators.
- Some types of content may not be suitable for advertisers or all audiences.
- You can also earn money from YouTube Premium subscriptions. YouTube Premium members pay a recurring fee for special benefits like watching YouTube videos without ads. The amount you earn from YouTube Premium is calculated based on how much time members spend watching your content compared to other content.
Other ways of making money with Identity Digital!
If you’re already making money with ads on your videos and have an established audience you could look into:
- Working with brands: Brands and ad agencies are always looking for ways to promote their products and services. Brands can be eager to work with creators when the target audience for their product is similar to a creator’s channel audience. No need to be shy if you’ve got a few thousand subs, take charge and prepare a pitch to a brand or advertiser -- think of it like a collab! Learn more within our dashboard and guides.
- Merchandising: Having merchandise made -- stickers, clothing, or other branded products -- can strengthen your brand and help you spread the word. Try using merch cards or annotations in your videos to help your fans find your stuff. Look at our merchandising apps to explore options.
- Crowdfunding: Crowdfunding is when a community of fans contribute money to your project. You can raise funds to help support your channel by launching an external crowdfunded campaign.
- Events: Build an even stronger community by going to see them! Schedule live appearances in places where your audiences are most vibrant and engaged. In addition to meeting your fans in person, you’ll likely gain opportunities to sell merchandise or tickets to your event.
- Tip: Use interactive cards to funnel viewers to your merchandise page or crowdfunding sites.
You now have more ways to potentially earn money with your videos, your community, and advertisers or brands. Think about where you are in your YouTube journey and create a blueprint for earning money that best fits you and your audience. You’ll find a solution that works best for you and your community with a little trial and error.